Pages

January 14, 2009

Ski Patrol

So it is official....Nate became one of those people to be taken down the mountain by the ski patrol in what i call the rescue hot dog. Basically they strap you down to a stretcher board and then cover you with a yellow tarp so that you don't freeze on the way down. Then a person pulls you down and takes you into the medical area where the fire department comes to town to check you out.......ah, what a fun day at the mountain! Nate is doing ok, he landed a jump on his back and set his sciatic nerve into a frenzie. Here's the evidence- yes, I was taking pictures. You see, I knew when I married him that I would be involved in multiple situations like this after hearing all of the childhood stories.






Here is the short video of the guy getting started with Nate, he eventually flies downt he mountain so much so that i couldn't keep up with him....which is why there are only short videos, bummer

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Oh my goodness - that is too much. I am glad he is ok, though!

Unknown said...

LOL. I almost peed my pants watching that vid and looking at the pic of him getting strapped to the rescue board. I hope Nate is okay bc if not, I might feel a little bad;)