Pages

April 12, 2009

Latest Baby Picture

Here is the latest in the belly growth. For those of you wondering, we still haven't ecided whether we will find out the sex of the baby or not and we still have about 3-4 weeks before we have to decide. We like both ideas :) I did get to feel the baby move for the first time yesterday while I was listening to the heartbeat....it kicked the little wand that was apparently invading it's space! Felt like someone flicked me from the inside :)
CLICK TO SEE BETTER


Right now I am kinda trying to figure out what kind of birthing classes I should take or if I should at all and really I'm starting to focus on parenting. The pregnancy and labor is so short compared to the years afterwards and I would like to be more prepared for that :) I'm going to start reading 'Shepherding a Child's Heart' which has been recommended by 2 friends. And really asking God to help me become a woman who faithfully prays for her family.

Thinking about how much the mom's in the Bible influenced the men of the Bible really made me realize how important my role is. What if Mary had freaked out and didn't believe the angel who spoke to her or rebeled? What about the mother of Moses who took action and I'm sure prayed for her helpless son? What about the mothers of the disciples...I'm sure they influenced their sons. Now I know that God could use any of these men even if their mothers had been completely unfaithful to God but think about how much moms can strengthen their child's faith, knowledge, and heart for God and people.....That's the mom I pray God would mold me into over the coming years. A mom who loves her children (Titus), loves being with them and realizes that she is entrusted by God to raise her children.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Read, Read, Read all you can!! From my last 8 years experience, I wish I would have read more about raising kids before I had them. Now I try and squeeze it in when I can. But you are right, praying for your family and asking direction is key. Papa Wayne told me that he and Debbie prayed for Kyle's wife-to-be when he was young (I'm sure he did that for all of them). I really took that to heart and I am doing the same for my kids. Gods plan is so great and we just have to trust in it. Love and miss you!!

Unknown said...

:) I can see the difference! I don't know what exactly it is (besides the tummy of course :) but your face looks more like a mom :) It's really cool to see!

I would love to start learning with you to pray for our families. Want to do that? I'm not married yet, and I don't have a baby on the way, but I def. could get the praying experience in and hey, learn about kids too! It wouldn't hurt a thing! :)

Jasanna