Pages

January 10, 2010

Christmas summary

I know it's been a little bit since I wrote so no time is better than now - Silas is sleeping peacefully. I was able to go to FL for a month and it was wonderful! Not only did I get a huge break from my household responsibilities but we were able to spend lots of time with family and friends. Silas loves his family! It was a great age to visit everyone because he recognizes people and smiles and has even started to laugh. I had heard him half laugh once before we left but it was so fun to watch him find things that made him laugh. We both really enjoyed spending time with our nieces and nephews who have grown so much. As I reflect on my month at home I can't help but smile at the fun we had taking crazy pictures with siblings, playing games (Walter's Olympics, made up games like kick the ceiling fan string, Taboo, Loaded Questions - ol' no bones! HA HA), dinners and fellowship, a wedding, eating at Moe's. Plus as we get older and slightly (I said slightly) more mature it has been really sweet to get to know our families on a spiritual level too as we discuss and grow together - that time is so cherished and really encouraging. We love our family and it was very hard to leave, the day of our return flight was tough because people were saying good bye in waves and I wished that I could just cry all at once! But I was reminded by Mr. Folrod(who was speaking of his missionary son) of a saying, "There is no safer place in the world than in the center of God's will" and I believe it also true that there is no better place either. For now, California is God's will for our lives.
Now that we are back, I am ready to start making this a home. I was energized to get things done like decorating and painting after my break but I soon realized that I still have a lot of responsibility that comes first. I love the new year because it feels like a fresh start although it's no different than any other time, we start over. I've really been challenged lately with my thinking of God's Word. I hear many people talk about reading the Bible like it is a chore similar to cleaning the toilet (myself included) but this is God speaking! The one who created all things has spoken and given me instruction for how to honor Him and enjoy Him. Christ, who literally took my place on the cross, and I act like I haaaaave to speak with Him. What a privilege that I am even allowed to read His words! I'm hoping that I grow and mature in my view of the Scriptures. I don't know about you but I can have such a horrible attitude when circumstances are not just as I want them to be (middle of the night feeding) and that alone shows me how wicked my heart can be. Praise God for His overflowing grace in my life!!

Dinner with friends, playing cornhole in the freezing weather -ok so it was probably only 42 but still and then we warmed up with hot chocolate and the homemade photo booth :)


Eating pie with Matt and Katie although they will probably deny this ;)


Julie is married and we now share the same wedding anniversary - it's she beautiful?! And the best part is that her heart is even more lovely!


Baby Love:







One of our favorite pictures: Uncle Bob





My mom and Silas played with this singing/dancing stuffed animal called the "Bouncy Snowman" Silas really liked that one for some reason


little feet







Uncle Ant and Aunt Christina


cousins


Walters


Mimi


Big Group


Zelaznys


Aunt Lindsay


Playing with Joli


cousins


Papa





Grandpa Don and Nana GG


Uncle Zach and Aunt Malia


Justin and Laura


Love these two pictures!


1 comment:

Malia said...

Ole no bones....lol i want to let you know that Zach said to me "...you know when I think about you without skin, muscle and you vital organs..."
WHAT?!?!?!? I guess in that case I would be nothing but bones....