Pages

December 12, 2008

SNOW!



The snow is here! The mountain is open and we were able to go snowboarding the last 2 days :) I'm getting better but man, my legs are burning! We both took a few good falls, Nate's left a mark as usual....mine were embarrassing! While we were up at the top of the mountain I sat on the bench with 2 girls to get our boots strapped in and then they took off before me. Nate also was ahead of me a little ways waiting in the snow. He heard 1 of the girls turn to the other and point to me saying, "Do you know her?" Right as girl #2 turned and looked at me, I caught the front edge of my board and did a belly flop. Yeah, classic! It's never a good sign to slide down the mountain on your belly. That was one of my few face forward falls too and I had an audience :) EVen if she did know me, I think she would have denied it. Nate's involved trying to slide on a rail and instead running into it with his shin.... it was probably pretty embarrassing too cause you are supposed to go on top of it-not into it. Otherwise, it was a fun couple of days without major injury! We hope you will try to come visit us during snow season and take a snowboarding, sledding or tubing trip to the mountain with us! :)



Oh and only about 11 days until we are home for Christmas. We will be home form the 23rd-Jan 5th!! I hope you enjoy this picture of our apartment sized tree :)

1 comment:

Caroline said...

I love all of your posts! The Mexico trip sounds amazing... what a neat opportunity to share. And I am so excited to see you SOON!!