Pages

September 15, 2011

Silas is really interested in baby sister Cambrya. Yesterday he sat down next to me and demanded that she be placed on his lap - but he thinks he can pick her up just like a toy truck LOL He grabs both sides of he and just tries to lift her up and plop her on his lap. Then he grabbed a blanket to set on top of her (you know face and all).
He heard me ask Nate to get her blanket and next thing I know Silas is standing at the edge of the bed handing me the baby's blanket.  He thinks her umbilical cord is quite gross and he will point at it while saying EWWWWW! I think he wants to do whatever I'm doing and right now that is sitting in bed with the baby so he wants to help with that.
He is acting very emotional though. Nate is trying to figure out what to feed him and what it is he is asking for but a lot of it ends in fits/tears. It's hard for me to sit here in the bed and just let Nate take care of him. I know Silas so well - I mean there are times when I think someone snuck a different kid into my house but generally I get him. I know that he is so excited to have his Daddy around but a little confused too. I feel like I need to be up and caring for him. Buuuuut I'm supposed to stay in bed so I'm here, in bed!

No comments: