Pages

August 13, 2011

What I've been feeling over the last week

8-7 Sunday: I had been having contractions now here and there for the last couple of days. It was kinda cool to me because I never felt any contractions with Silas so this was a new feeling. Sunday night we were watching a movie and I could see that I would have one about every 10 minutes but they were not intense at all and not increasing in intensity. As we got into bed I thought that I might be woken up in my sleep with the real deal. Nope, it all went away.    
8-8 Monday: nothing special happening, still having contractions here and there. 
8-9 Tuesday: first sign that something might finally and actually be happening - lost plug. Christy, the midwife, thought that maybe I would be calling her that night with something more happening since I had been having contractions and cramping buuuut nope. All day nothing changed. Cambrya did go crazy that night before I went to bed and I thought she was just going to claw her way out LOL
8-10 Wednesday: Christy, the midwife, came and saw me. We talked briefly about sweeping my membranes. After checking me (that was super uncomfortable because it was causing crazy cramping), I was 3 cm and 80% effaced but my cervix was not ideally squishy for sweeping my membranes. Christy thought it would only lead to contractions that would eventually die out and frustrate me. But the good news is that Cambrya was very low, 0 station, with her head right up against my cervix. This means once I do start having labor contractions, they will be very efficient.
8-11 Thursday: I really thought tonight might be the night for some reason - NOPE
8-12 Friday: nothing - praying that God would bring her soon and give me patience if it's going to be past 42 weeks.
8-13 Saturday: I'm thinking this girl really isn't coming out. I am having stronger contractions but still
very irregular. Strong enough to make me squirm a bit. At this point I've tried every 'natural' way to get
labor started except castor oil and I really really really don't want to try that. I guess if it is between trying that and getting a csection, I'll do it. Tomorrow I see Christy again and we will talk about natural nudging methods. Tonight is a full moon!

No comments: