Pages

August 22, 2008

National Parks


If you click the slide show to make it bigger, you can see the captions :) Well, Papa Walters has come and gone. We had a LOT of fun with him here. It was really nice for me when Nate had to work cause there was someone around! We went to Sequioa and Yosemite National parks while he was here and God is truely amazing. I really don't think I could even imagine up trees that big or hiking trails up to waterfalls. I'll tell ya about each of the parks and add some pictures...no, the pictures are not fake! Sequioa-We started off taking a hike up Moro Rock which involved a lot of stairs and ramps, not too bad but it did take the breathe out of you. Plus, we were getting higher and higher-thinner air ya know? It was amazing to look out over the park from the top and ALL 3 of us made it :)

We stopped to have a picnic here which sounds lovely until the bees attacked. Now, Nate and Wayne may tell you different but the bees were all over us! I'm not kidding when I say that I had to keep my food hidden in my hand and sneak it into my mouth less a dagum bee sneak in there and sting my gums. Nate and Wayne thought it was fun to tame the bees and let them fly all over their hands and granola bars-NO THANKS! Next up, REALLY REALLY BIG trees. The large trees are somewhere between 1700-3000 years old. Which means they were here before and during Jesus walking the Earth. Really puts things into perspective. The biggest tree is General Sherman and this is the largest tree in the world based on mass...other trees are wider or taller. Getting to General Sherman wasn't was easy as we thought! It wasn't all that far away but we have to walk back going uphill and we had already completed a hike that day. General Grant was really nice because the trek wasn't so far, it was flat, and less people! Although I did have to rescue Nathan from a tick here....

This video is priceless. Yes, Nate and I are laughing at Wayne (that's what kids do to their parents, duh) but the best part is what he says to me right as he passes me :) LOL

No comments: