Pages

September 07, 2008

Vacations and Sickness

We are back from the retreat! (OK so we've been back for a while and I'm just slow) Leading worship went really well, Nate had a couple of slip ups with the pick flying out or a missed chord but overall he did a great job, he kept going and it was a lot of fun. Our friends are so supportive that they probably didn't even notice. The retreat was SO much fun! We had some great times of fellowship, we played kickball, had a volleyball championship, ultimate frisbee and even a group venture to the golf driving range-which was surprising fun for everyone. I swing like a tennis player but Nate is a professional, see the videos :) We spent the nights playing a pool game called "scratch" or "scum" which is basically the version of "horse" for pool tables. That game was awesome and involved a couple people being pegged in the leg with the cue ball! Oh and this trip involved pretty much minimal sleep which resulted in Nate and I being sick for a couple days-we're back though! Woohoo! Thank you Caroline for suggesting Tylenol Cold AM/PM which allowed us a solid nights sleep.

Funny: I took the PM and went to sleep before Nate got home. He came into the bedroom ready to give me a hug (normally I hear him come in but not with the meds) I opened my eyes to see a huge man standing next to the bed with his arms out like a monster and I was so out of it that all I could really do, even in my terror, is whimper and roll over. Great, Shalane that would really save your life! If anyone ever wants to attack me without a struggle - that was the moment!

What we have come to realize is that we really do love the people out here. Not to say we don't miss home or love our family and friends at home. This has just been a really good time for us to be challenged by our Christian friends to live the life, actually put into action what we are learning and I have to say I feel like I have grown so incredibly much in the last 3 monthes. We will be sad to leave our church and friends here and are currently trying to figure out a way to get all of you in one place! We are taking a class called E.E. right now and its going well. It basically focuses on knowing the answers to 2 questions and helping people answer those questions or at least think about it. It involves a good amount of homework but it's worth it.

Malia is getting some opportunites right now in Texas with some close friends. She is a nanny and I think she might be LOVING it! We're praying for Texas support of her ministry. Not much else going on right now. I just feel so loved! I'm in love with my Savior, my God, my husband, my family and friends and I'm feeling so much compassion for those around me hurting. The theme for the week is LOVE. Everybody wants it, everyone needs it, no one can give it more perfectly than Christ! I hope that each day I can love people better.
So naturally I must end this with: I LOVE YOU!!!!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Cuz! Glad your retreat went well and you we all able to enjoy the fellowship and love of each other. I remember those days and they were always so much fun! Yes!! Tylenol AM/PM work wonders..we use it when we get sick too! Thanks for the updates..It's great hearing how good you both are doing. I hope to see you soon..Love you lots!! Jen

Malia said...

t i woke up with someone ready to attack me at the side of my bed. I would hope that my reaction would be better! HAHA I laughed out loud