Pages

July 30, 2011

ROCK camp, 40 weeks and other stuff

First up, some pictures of Silas from ROCK camp and such.
First time at the beach since last Christmas - he LOVED it! The sand, the waves, the birds - look at that happy face!

Part of a group challenge was to cover a team member in as much Chipotle foil as possible. We were only given three pieces of foil so Silas became the model

Playing with the light switch in the guest house at camp. The perfect little kissy face - all clean and ready for bed

Camyrn took this picture of Maggie and Silas - precious! Camryn is going to take some maternity pictures as well.
Maggie, this is how you sweep the gravel all clean

He loves playing in the boxes we bring home from Costco

Here are some maternity pictures that one of the college students, Brooke, took. Silas wasn't really cooperating this day and it was really really windy but she got some good pictures still. Another one of the college students is going to take some pictures tomorrow also. We have some talented students!









Several people have asked: "How's the whole midwife thing going? Are you liking it?"
This quick little video shows exactly the difference in care that I have experienced. 

While I had Dr. that was good and caring - they were also very busy. Mine did have a fish tank though hee hee but I don't think that could have distracted Silas for the 40 minute average wait time :) 
So yes, I am liking it! I feel very well cared for as she has gotten me be hydrated probably for the first time ever in my life. Also the supplements I'm taking have greater benefits than just a prenatal vitamin - thankfully I'm able to take them without any problems since I'm not sick. Plus she has a whole library of books I've borrowed, she's able to answer questions in text messages or emails. The other day she called the dentist office for me to verbally allow me to get my teeth cleaned at 5:25pm - that would NOT happen with an OB! Christy actually knows Nate and Silas and what our home environment is like which makes her all the more qualified to care for me :)

40 weeks - she's cooked!
Maybe the last weekly belly shot - I think I will try and take one when I realize I'm in labor this time :) My official estimated due date is Monday the 1st. So far I haven't felt anything but I promise that either Nate or  I or someone will update on FB so that you can pray for us and of course we will want to show off our little girl as soon as we can! I am ready to have my body back - I get it back in some ways once she is born and I can't wait to be COLD again! I am not used to this whole loving fans and sweating business. What in the world?!


1 comment:

Regans Family said...

loooove this! such dedication and consistency with the belly pics! very impressive. I need to start doing mine! Come on with that bebe!