Pages

July 21, 2008

Random Update



Family picture :) This is at a friends house for dinner-he loves Twiggy so we always bring her over to visit him.


We took another trip to the beach last weekend with a group of friends and Twiggs made it too. "IIII wanna soak up the suuuuun" -Thank you Sheryl Crow

So not too much has changed recently but I am officially job hunting. I am looking into substitute teaching here mainly so I have flexibility in my schedule-if I don't want to work one day-I don't! Of course, I'm ready to be contributing to the income. It's nice to hang out at home but sometimes I get bored. On Sunday I taught my first Children's church class and it was pretty fun- the kids are getting to know us better (3rd week) so they are answering questions more.


Story of the week: Nate and I had to run an errand on Saturday night after dark, he had to return a friends keys and I had to go to the store. I was gone about 35 minutes. When I pulled up to the apartment I noticed his car wasn't here, "That's strange he was just supposed to drop off the keys" I thought. I proceeded to gatherer up all the groceries which by the way was just enough that I could make it in one trip-not without setting down the bags to close the trunk though-dang it. As i make my way up the stairs, a thought enters my head....I wonder if he parked somewhere else and is hiding in there, waiting to scare me. In I walk suspiciously and determined not to get scared when I walk into the bathroom or bedroom if he pops out at me. Well, i turn the corner heading into the kitchen and that lil monster is jumping off the kitchen floor.....Oh don't worry, I whacked him and then yelled sassily I KNEW you were in here. It really wasn't very nice to scare your wife, at night, in a new STATE where she spends a lot of time ALONE in the apartment you are crouching in!!!! Best part-he was filming it....I'd include the embarrassing video but it takes so long, you see Nate was filming the whole time I was struggling to gather those groceries so the video has a lot of dead time that I don't know how to edit out. I can say my husband is quite clever and despite his sneakiness, I love him :)

No comments: