Pages

October 26, 2009

1 month already!


Me and the pumpkin at the patch


That's right, Silas is 4 weeks old today! It seems like it has gone by fast so far. Many people ask how we are doing and laugh when they ask how we are sleeping; really I feel like we are doing good though. I do love being a mom, we have such a sweet little boy. He is a pretty content baby - there haven't been many moments where he is just crying and we can't get him to stop. Usually if he is upset and I'm trying to figure it out, it is because his tummy hurts and as soon as that gets fixed he is happy again. I would say that yes I am more tired but no I am no exhausted. I'm still trying to figure out how to manage our new house though. I'm getting the essentials done but some things are more challenging cause they can't be done one handed (cleaning the bathroom, moping, cutting chicken!)

Anyways, we love our boy - he is amazing and I know that this experience has already challenged me so much to grow into the mom I'm called to be....
Duet.6:5-9 Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.

I've also seen my sinfulness more and more. When I'm am physically tired then I am more likely to give into the temptation to speak unkindly/harshly or get angry/irritated. I've been asking myself the question, "What is it that I desire most right now?" God has been showing me that usually my answer is "I desire to be served instead of serving others right now. I don't want to think about anyone else and I want what I want." Yeah, I know, it's BAD! But that is the truth of my sin and I'm thankful that God is helping me to see this and I do want to change it.

Well here are some videos and pictures of the lil man :)

I can get my own paci!


My mom is SO funny! (He was smiling even more before I got the camera out)


Sweet boy:


This is what amuses you when you are a month old:



This is what Grammy was up to while she was here:

3 comments:

Lynn Eichin said...

Thanks so much for the update. Debbie is always such a great help. Silas is growing I was trying to find out what his middle name is? Is it Andrew? Anyway thanks so much I love reading your blog. You always have such a good leason to share. Love all of you. I think we will be in Melbourne Christmas so we may see you. Love Aunt Lynn and Uncle John

Malia said...

That is a good thought to keep i mind. Am I thinking that I want to be served? Or that I am looking to serve? I want to really meditate on that this week.

Thanks Lanie Bee!

Elle-emenopee said...

AWW!!! :) I was JUST thinking about you and decided to see if you had any new posts. :)